Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Blog-a-versary!

Crack open the virtual bubbly, everyone, "Adventures With Little Bear" turns 1 today!  Wow, that was a fast year.  What started out as a little corner of the internet just for me to write about what I do as a stay-at-home mom has turned into an amazing way to connect with others.  I have found many new friends, both online and in person.  I have networked with some fantastic people and learned so many things to do with Little Bear at home (such a lifesaver).  I've met bloggers in the area; we've had playdates, gone to events....it's so much fun!  I've also grown as a mom.  It may sound a little corn-a-riffic, but it's given me a kick in the behind most days to be creative, get out there (or stay home) and make our days more fun, interesting, silly, and a little more educational.  I had no idea that blogging would be such an important part of my life.  Thanks Blogger! 
As PART of our celebration, (I will also be doing a couple of giveaways, stay tuned) I wanted to highlight my own "Top Ten Adventures with LB" as a fun way to look back on the memories we've created this year.  So, in no particular order: 

10.) Whispering, Shouting, and Adventuring at the Nation Building Museum:  A prime example of a blog-enabled friendship!  Dawn, the blogger behind Whispers and Shouts, met Chloe and me in DC for a fun day at the Building Museum.  The kids (and moms) had a blast.  And I never would have met Dawn if it weren't for the blogging world.  Can't wait to hang out again!

9.) Sprayground:  This post is one of my favorites for a few reasons.  First, as a special education teacher, I love that it's an "everyone accessible" water park.  Also, this is EXACTLY the kind of place I would have loved as a kid.  The thought of going back this summer makes the idea of impending heat much more bearable!

8.) Welcome to the Wonderful World of Waterbeads: The only explanation needed is: super-cool. 

7.) Holiday Happiness: Because our families are mostly in Western NY, we take many trips up to Rochester.  This post just reminds me of all of the fun memories we made at Christmas this past year. 

6.) Beach Practice: Our very first sensory bin!  I credit polenta for Chloe's love of the shore.  Hah. 

5.) Baby Nature: Just a fun example of how you don't need to go anywhere in particular or need fancy toys or craft materials to have a good time.  And, it was right after Chloe started really walking. 

4.) Sticky Fingers (The Baby-Safe Version): The start of Chloe's love-affair with paint!

3.) National Harbor: This was a fun day, but I'm adding it to the list because it's an example of how blogging created interesting opportunities...the folks at the National Children's Museum read my blog and contacted me about keeping in touch for future events.  Woohoo!

2.) Snowman Day:  This is one of my favorite memories/posts ever.  It's the perfect way to illustrate how a normal afternoon can turn into something fun with a theme, a little shaving cream, and some bananas! 

1.) Boating Baby: One of our favorite "whole family" activities.

There you have it!  I want to sincerely thank everyone who has read our little story this year, and those of you who have given me the inspiration to be the best mommy I can be to Little Bear.  I n return, I hope I have given you an idea, a recipe, a craft, or event that's helped you create your own "adventure."   Cheers!


1 comment:

Dawn said...

virtual bubbly glass raised!