Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Out Around Town

We didn't have any plans today.  We also awoke to FOUR NEW TEETH poking through Chloe's top gums (cue the lightbulb; now I understand why she's been so fussy).  If I know my little peanut, and I believe that I do, I knew she would need some distractions today. 

I decided to venture over to Lake Royal, which is a nice walking spot around the lake I'd heard about from a lot of people.  If I could suggest one thing for stay-at-home mamas, or any mama/dad really, it would be to find a few nice locations to take peaceful stroller walks, with lots to look at and maybe even a playground along the way.  This walk was a little bumpy for a stroller, but the views were pretty and the swings were swingy (see picture).


After a long walk, we went home for lunch and a nap, then we headed out again to Burke Nursery, which is just down the street from our house.  I didn't really need anything in particular, but I did want to look at some hydrangeas to go in the spot of our ill-fated peach tree.  No leaves, certainly no peaches.  Just a stick in the ground.  Anyways, another thing I find nice is that you don't always need to go somewhere meant for kids, and you don't need to have a purpose for going out and about.  You never know what you're going to find that your kiddo will enjoy...for us today, it was the fountain display with the turtle and frog spitting water.  Giggles, giggles. 

We finished up our afternoon with a little open gym at Gymboree and some play time with our 2 year old neighbor who was "lawnmowering."  Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and stormy, so I was glad to get out of the house today!

No comments: