Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thinking Spring

Today was one of thoooooose days at the Trupo House...no one napped well (there may or may not have been a noisy ironing board closing involved in exacerbating the situation).  It was also just generally cloudy and misty and cold, gross.  Anyways, it made for a bit of a whiny day.  It wasn't a total disaster though, as we did go to a family Gymboree class and out to dinner at BGR (great burgers...Mallons...you have to give it a second chance, I think they've got their act together now). 

But the real find for the day, and I don't know how it is that I haven't seen this before, was this activities website.  It's called, "Fun Things To Do With Kids," so the name is pretty self-explanitory, but a with a little more in-depth research you'll find all kinds of great activities (free and not) around the DC metro area. The events are listed by date, so you can find things coming up.  It's supposed to be a nice day tomorrow, so I'm hoping to capitalize on this find and do something fun!

Also included (if you click around you'll find it, but I'll link to it here too) are Easter-y activities (hunts, The Bunny, etc.)  I know Chloe is a little young, but I'm thinking I'd like to hunt down some eggs myself.  Yeah, having a baby is a good excuse to do all of those fun things again.  Pretty soon she'll start to remember it all too...you never know when that little memory is going to kick in! 
                                                            

                                Happy Hunting!                                                        

2 comments:

Ali said...

Thanks for the shout out, hehe! We've been back to BGR a number of times and are happy with it now! Sorry, I should've let you know sooner! Also, I thought about looking into Easter Egg Hunts, too. We sent home a flyer at school, but I was hesitant since the minimum age is 1. I'm definitely going to check out that website - thanks!

Bryana ZT said...

LOL---good to know! I had the sliders and they were yummy, and the portions were big. Chloe enjoyed her single french fry along with the peas, cheese and whole wheat bread we brought for her. I wonder how long until she demands her own burger?