Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oh (Yummy) Christmas Tree!

Did you ever decorate a gingerbread house when you were younger?  I can remember making some really cute ones with Girl Scouts (ahem, SG, those of you who know what I'm talking about) and I also remember it being so much fun to decorate and taste! 

LB is not quite at the gingerbread house point, but I thought we'd try to keep it simple and decorate some little trees instead! 

Here's what we used:

Sugar ice cream cones (the real cone-shaped ones)
Frosting (vanilla or any white)
Food coloring
Decorations (we used marshmallows and little sprinkles shaped like Christmas lights)

I spread some of the white frosting on a plate and stuck a couple of cones open side down.  I colored a little bit of the frosting green for the trees...
Using a little plastic knife to spread the frosting


Then she realized that you could taste the frosting too...yummmmmmm!

Decorating the trees

Once we were finished, it was also fun to stack and un-stack the cones!


I wasn't so sure how Chloe would do with this.  But, I've noticed that once you show her something, if she's interested, she'll do it too!  This was a very cute activity, and I think we'll be ready to decorate some cutouts with Grandma and Grammy in Rochester!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun! She did a great job. I can't believe how much she is growing!!! She is turning into such a little lady.