Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Yep, Friday was my birthday...fun times!  All week I ignored that stinkin' weather report and blocked my ears when Bob Ryan said rain, and planned some fun outdoor things.  It had been nice all week, right?  How could it rain? 

It rained.  A gross, misty humid, clammy rain.  So, like any good momma...I put on my flexibility hat! What could I do with this baby on a rainy day??  Lightbulb: we went to Chuck E Cheese!  I figured we'd just go check it out, and if it wasn't too yucky (I've heard horror stories), we'd have a little fun.  And we did!  I was happy to see hand sanitizer on every wall and a special play space for little ones.  Chloe had fun riding the little rides and playing Whack-a-Mole Jr.  I had fun reminiscing about Jasper T. Jowles and the ball pit and the ferris wheel on the wall.  Okay, so, the ball pit has been banned for sanitary reasons and that wall ferris wheel might have been something I dreamt, but darn it if Jasper wasn't playing in the band with the giant mechanical Chuck!  Awesome.  If only there had been tunnels of swiss cheese under the stage.  Anyone remember these things too???? 

Well, here's some pictures of our fun with Chuck!



...and a special thank you to my family, near and far, for making the day so special!  Mike and Chloe gave me a Kindle!  So cool.  It's going to be so nice to have things to read without trying to stuff books in the diaper bag!  My parents and sister gave me some nice treats, including Home Depot giftcards, so I can hopefully purchase some fun things for our deck.  And, in the category of "Awesome Things I Never Knew I Really Wanted" from my in-laws:

It's the Zoku Quick Pop Maker!  Awesome.  It makes ice pops in NINE minutes.  As you can see from the picture, you can make all sorts of fancy kinds, and we got a recipe book too.  We decided our first batch will be Key Lime!  I'll give a report when we try it! 

Thank you everyone for a wonderful day and for making me feel so special.  28 was an amazing year for me and I can't wait to see what 29 will have to offer! 

No comments: