Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Busy Peanut's Colorful Cubes

I'm sure this will surprise no one, but Chloe is curious and into E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.  I feel the need to entertain her and put some of this energy to good use. Recently, I picked up a book that I hope to use now that Chloe has become a super-busy-body.


The Toddler's Busy Book, by Trish Kuffner

 So this post goes in the category of "Indoor Adventures."  Since I bought it book, and have seen some fun ideas online too, my goal is to try *at least* one or two indoor activities a week and then blog about them...hopefully giving you some ideas too!  Here's our first one:

Ice Cube Bags---EASY!

I put some food coloring in water and froze it in ice cube trays.

Then, put a couple of different colors in a plastic bag (I recommend the Ziploc Double Seal, it's safer that way) and let your little one play around with the ice cubes.  Great way to teach "cold" and I think Chloe had fun watching the colors melt together and make a new color!

Ooooh, chilly and colorful!

Entertainment and exploring really can't get any easier, can it??
If you'd like to purchase your own copy of this great book...here's the link to it on Amazon.

No comments: