Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Whispering, Shouting, and Adventuring at the Building Museum

One of the amazing perks of being a "mom blogger" in the Northern VA area is that there is a great network of people out there.  There is always someone to get advice or ideas from, make playdates with, and new friends to make.  Last week, I was lucky enough to be invited to a local bloggers event, NovaLive.  It was put on by the fabulous Micaela from supernovamommy and Andrea from Real Housewives of Northern Virginia to benefit the charity Mission Sleep.  I met many ladies who I have followed for a long time online, and it was so nice to finally put faces to blogs! 

Recently, I discovered the blog Whispers and Shouts, a witty, funny, and down-to-earth blog written by Dawn, the mom of two adorable twin boys.  I love her outlook on life's ups and downs, and her take on the hilarious things her toddlers do and say.  She also blogs about her adventures in the DC area (sound familiar)?  I was so excited to meet her and find out that she was following me too! 

This weekend, she invited us to go back to the National Building Museum.  On Monday morning, we met up in DC with Dawn and her sweet kiddos, Calvin and Clark, and we were also joined by their friends, Angela and Andrew.  We had a nice time, and I am so thankful that the blog networking has allowed me to meet such amazing people.  Thank you so much Micaela and Andrea!  Here are some fun pictures from our trip:

Checking out the fountain

Chloe and Calvin showing off their architectural smarts

Building Zone

Once again, loving the doll house.  I think we have an idea for a birthday gift!
Can't wait to do it again sometime soon, Dawn!

No comments: