Monday, October 24, 2011

Crafty Girl

Since I was a little girl, I've always loved crafty-activities.  One of my favorite Christmas gifts ever was a box my mom put together that had glitter, beads, pom-poms, glue, pipe-cleaners, etc.  I'm not sure if anything I ever made or currently might make is any good, but I do enjoy the creativity!  I think Chloe has been bitten by the craft bug lately as well.  She has started to love "coloring" (I saw this in quotes because it really just involves a lot of piling crayons and maybe making a few marks on the paper), using stickers, and make collages.  I'm happy about this development, what with winter approaching and all.  And I love coming up with projects. 

The other day, I decided to take her over to Michaels to see what we could find.  I definitely recommend hitting up the craft stores toward the "end of the season" (NOTE: Fall is in full swing, I in no way consider this the "end of the season" but retail does) because you can get some great deals!  We came away with a few little projects, construction paper and pipe cleaners for under $9.00! 

Here's what we did with our pipe cleaners:




They also had another use when Daddy got a hold of them:


No comments: