Monday, October 17, 2011

Fountain Sans Water

Just because it's rare to get a mommy/daughter shot during the week!

Last Friday, LB and I were itching to escape the house after the few days of rain we'd experienced, however, I'm not sure if you've ever been outside with a one year old, but it's virtually impossible to keep them out of the mud.  Hey, I'm all for mud, but there's a time and a place, right?  So I decided to take her someplace where I knew she could run around without bathing herself in the aftermath of the rain.  We've been to Fairfax Corner several times (as mentioned before), and our favorite things to do there generally include frozen yogurt and the fountain you can play in, but in the cooler weather, I wasn't feeling fro-yo (and I refrained from eating a cupcake instead) and the fountain is dry.  But, FFC is still a great place to go for a walk around the shopping area, and there is a big area where the fountain usually runs that's open for free running!  We had a fun time chasing birds, waving bye bye to birds, and pushing our stroller around.  It's so nice to go there in the afternoon when it's quiet and open!

Running around



"Birds!"

And a cute little clip of LB chasing birds and waving bye bye.  Ah, to be a one year old! 

Fairfax Corner seems like a great place to meet up with other moms too, you can let the kiddos run around and have a coffee, frozen yogurt, or a cupcake (YUM)!  I'm always up for meeting! 

No comments: